A great healthy supper dish full of protein and nourishing vegetables.
Bang Bang Chicken with Vegetable Noodles
Servings: 4 people
- 2 ea Chicken breasts
- 4 ea Zucchini - green
- 2 ea Carrots
- 4 ea Spring onions
- 1/2 cup Bean Sprouts (fresh)
- 3/4 cup Edamame beans
- 2 Tbsp Peanut butter, creamy
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Chili Garlic sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 ea Limes, juiced
- 1 ea Zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup Honey roasted peanuts
- 1 ea Red Chili finely sliced
- Bring a good sized pan of water to a boil, season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and reduce heat to a simmer. Poach the chicken for about 10 minutes or until cooked through. Test by cutting into the thickest part or use an instant read thermometer. When done, transfer to a plate to cool.
- With a julienne peeler cut the squash and carrots into noodles. Place in a large bowl together with the scallions, bean sprouts and beans.
- In a separate bowl, combine the peanut butter with the soy sauce, then whisk in the chili sauce, sesame oil, lime zest and juiced plus a tablespoon of cold water. Mix well together
- When the chicken has cooled, shred it and mix it in with the vegetables. Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss well to coat. Sprinkle the nuts and chopped chili over the top and place on a platter, ready for the table
(Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)