For an easy and light summer lunch or dinner, try this all vegetarian salad. This light curried egg salad with pickled beets is just delightful and summery with an egg salad sitting on a bed of toasted pumpernickel and Boston lettuce.
Curried egg salad with pickled beets
- 5 ea Eggs large
- 1/2 Tbsp Curry powder
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp Yellow mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 ea Celery stalk Small, diced and with leaves reserved for topping
- 1 Tbsp Chives fresh Snipped and a few extra for topping
- 2 Sl Pumpernickel bread Toasted and cut in half
- 4 ea Boston lettuce leaves (or Buttercrunch)
- 1/4 Cup Radishes Thinly sliced
- 3/4 Cup Alfalfa sprouts
- 8 Oz Pickled Beets Drained and chopped
- Place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water, covering by about an inch.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a large bowl with ice water. Drain the eggs and place in the ice water for about 5 minutes.
- Peel and chop the eggs and place in a large bowl.
- Toast the curry powder in a small dry skillet on low for 1 minute and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle the curry powder over the eggs then, add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper and gently stir to mix. Stir in the chopped celery and chives.
- Top the bread slices with the lettuce leaves, followed by the egg salad, radishes and sprouts. Top with the celery leaves and a sprinkling of chives. Add the beets to the side and serve.