These individual frittata’s are a wonderful brunch dish that takes advantage of asparagus when it is in season merging the flavors of fresh asparagus, mint and soft goat cheese.
Grilled asparagus, goat cheese and mint frittata
Servings: 2 people
- 6 ea Asparagus spears
- 4 ea Eggs large
- 1 Tbsp Mint fresh Finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Oz Goat cheese
- 1 Pn Salt
- 1 Pn Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil
- 3 Tsp olive oil
- Place the asparagus on a plate and drizzle in olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roll the asparagus round on the plate so that the seasoning sticks
- Grill the asparagus on the barbecue or under a hot grill for approximately 3-4 minutes. Do not to overcook as you want the asparagus to remain firm
- Crack the eggs into 2 separate bowls - 2 per bowl. Whisk the eggs with a fork until foamy. Add salt, pepper and chopped mint to each bowl
- Place an 6-8" frying pan over a medium heat and add oil and butter. Pour in 1 bowl of the whipped egg mixture and stir quickly with the back of a fork.
- After about a minute, or when the frittata is half set, arrange 3 asparagus spears, halved and half of the goat cheese on top.
- Lower the heat and cook for further minute. Carefully slide the frittata onto a plate. Repeat the process to make the second frittata
- To finish, season with a little fresh ground black pepper over the frittatas and drizzle in a little olive oil. Serve immediately
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)