Salmon Teriyaki with warm kale and barley salad
Servings: 2 people
- 2 ea Salmon Fillets about 4 oz ea
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger, Fresh Grate finely
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Honey Warm to make pourable
- 3 Oz Barley
- 9 0z Kale Chopped
- Mix the soy sauce, ginger and honey well and place in a flat casserole with the salmon fillets to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan cover the barley with boiling water. Bring up to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the barley is soft but still keeping its shape. Drain and set to the side
- Place the kale in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit in the water for a few minutes then drain well and set to one side.
- Heat a medium frying pan to a medium heat then add the salmon to the pan. Pour in the remaining marinade and cook gently for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once to make sure the salmon is well coated with the sauce.
- Mix the kale and barley together and add to the pan when the fish is done, to warm the mixture through. Serve immediately.
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)