Another great low carb dinner that is both tasty and satisfying. Taking only 30 minutes from start to finish makes this a great meal for mid-week.
Stir Fry Beef with Bean Sprouts
Servings: 2 people
- 5 ea Spring onions
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 ea Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1 Tsp Ginger, Fresh Finley Chopped
- 9 oz Beef Sirloin Cut into thin strips across the grain
- 1/2 ea Red bell pepper De-seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 ea Habanero Chili De-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Bean Sprouts (fresh)
- 1/2 ea Lemon grass stalk, small Chop finely or substitute 1 Tsp of dried lemon grass
- 1 Tbsp Peanut butter, creamy
- 2 Tbsp Light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Light Brown Sugar
- 5 oz Egg noodles
- Salt and Pepper
- Trim and thinly slice the spring onions. Keep some long slices aside to use as a garnish.
- Heat the oil in the wok over a high heat.
- When ready, add the onions, garlic and fresh ginger and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the sirloin strips and stir fry for a further 5 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Now add the bell pepper and continue to stir fry for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chili pepper and bean sprouts and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- While stir frying all of the above mix together the lemon grass, peanut butter, coconut milk, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl then stir into the wok mixture.
- Cook the egg noodles in lightly salted boiling water for 4 minutes, drain then stir into the wok mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then serve,, garnished with the reserved spring onions.
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)