This comfort food fix, a Mac n Cheese for grown ups comes from Australian chef Donna Hay.
Blue Cheese Mac N Cheese with Sage and Pecan Crumb
Servings: 2 people
- 1 cup Macaroni
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 oz Soft Blue Cheese - chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese -finely grated
- 2 tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp Pecans - finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Sage leaves - whole
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for six minutes or until al dente and drain.
- Place the pasta, milk, blue cheese, salt, pepper and half the parmesan cheese in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally then remove from the heat.
- Divide the pasta between 2 x 2-cup-capacity ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle each with the breadcrumbs and pecans.
- Place on an oven tray and cook for 10 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese, top with sage leaves and cook for a further two minutes. Serve.
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)