This recipe came from the BBC Goodfood magazine for June 2016 in a section covering mid-week meals and it certainly was easy. Visit the BBC Goodfood website for more healthy recipe ideas. Here we have adapted the recipe to serve two with a tasty chicken supper with a little curry kick to it.
Curried Chicken Drumsticks with New Potatoes
- 4 ea Chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic - minced
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger - paste
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric
- 5 Oz Plain yogurt
- 9 Oz New potatoes
- 2 ea Large tomatoes - chopped or 1/2 a 14 oz tin of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 ea Red Onion - chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh cilantro - chopped
- Toss the drumsticks in a large bowl with a tablespoon of the oil, a heaped tablespoon of the yogurt and all of the spices and seasonings.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes or, at this point the chicken mixture can marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF
- In a casserole large enough to hold both the chicken and the potatoes without crowding, add the potatoes with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken drumsticks and bake for about 45 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
- Serve with the onions, tomatoes and cilantro scattered over. Serve remaining yogurt on the side