Enjoy the flavors of this easy-to-make spread with Potato and Rosemary Soda Bread, with your favorite crackers or on crostini as a snack or appetizer.
Roasted Garlic and Fennel Spread
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 ea Baby fennel bulbs
- 1 Ea Garlic bulb Full bulb not clove
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 12 Oz Chick peas
- 1/4 Cup Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6 Oz Cream cheese Softened
- Trim and quarter the fennel bulbs
- Heat an oven to 400ºF
- Place the fennel bulb and garlic on 2 separate large pieces of tin foil.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp of olive oil on each, season with te salt and pepper and wrap each one up tightly into a sealed parcel
- Place the parcels on a baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes, until tender.
- Open up the parcels and place the fennel in a blender or food processor. Squeeze the garlic cloves from theor skins and add those also.
- Add the chick peas, lemon juice, salt and pepper along with the remaining oil and process until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and process again until smooth and creamy.
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)